Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years, Lasik, 20th Birthday, and Last Days in America!






 

New Year's Eve was a very eventful evening! I went to a masquerade party with all my girlfriends. It was a blast! We danced, kissed boys at midnight, and then had a party at one of my good friend, Courtney's, house. While everyone was kissing at midnight, I was able to talk to Heath on the phone, so that was a highlight of the evening! 

On Friday, I was privileged (my sisters would say spoiled) to get Lasik eye correction! It was a very painful weekend, but well worth it!

Saturday was my birthday, and I pretty much laid around all day, received a nice present from Kim and Ethan, flowers from my parents, and then went to Kona Grill for dinner with my friends that night. By night time, my eyes were VERY sensitive, hence why I'm wearing my sunglasses at night, inside the restaurant!

So, the past few weeks have been kind of sentimental to me because
1. I no longer wear contacts or glasses (which I'm not too sentimental about). 
2. I am no longer a teenager.
3. I am moving to another country for 5 months...which brings me to my third point
4. I will be missing out on family and friend events :(

I will miss home, but I am so excited for this opportunity to travel, meet new people, and spend lots of time with Heath!


5 comments:

  1. Somehow I think your last reason for moving is the most important:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiersten! I'm quick, I know. I had to see your blog and tell you I love you and I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how everything is going. Good luck and have so much fun and keep in touch please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay! I came across your blog and I know I know you some how! Did we work together? Cosmo's! do you even remember me? Its driving me nuts! let me know- kim willis!
    www.kimandmaxwillis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, how is it? You are going to have such a great time--cute guy, adventure, Australia, what more could a girl ask for. I'll be thinking of you and missing you, but also excited for this special time of your life. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there sunshine! Wow, you go girl, I'm so excited for you. What an incredible experience in so many aspects of your life. Have a great time and post LOTS of pictures & write when you can. take care & be safe, love Lisa

    ReplyDelete