Thursday, January 22, 2009

My First Week in Australia

At the dog park





On our way to the dog park with Heath's nieces and nephew



Burleigh Beach




First tee off!






Golfing at the Gold Coast





Southbank Beach in Brisbane







Heath getting tips from "Males, Nails, and Sample Sales"






My first week in Australia has flown by quickly! We've been golfing, going to movies, beach, and hanging out with Heath's friends and family. Yes, I played 9 holes, Dad! You would be so proud!
Although I miss home, I like living here so far. I'm adapting to their cultural differences, such as their lingo, food, currency, etc. I've also started to follow tennis and cricket!
We've gone to a couple different beaches since I've been here; Burleigh Heads, Broad Beach, and Southbank. They are BEAUTIFUL! The sand is so soft and the beaches are so clean. Next week we'll be at the beach everyday because we're going on a 7 day cruise to the Great Barrier Reef and a few other tropical destinations. There are a lot of Heath's friends from YSA going so it should be a good time!

6 comments:

  1. What cute pictures! You look like you are having a blast down under. I hope you post often, it is so fun to see your smiling face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy things are going so well for you!! You look like you're having a great time. Have fun love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm am so ready to join you all down under. It looks like you are having an amazing time and I can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Keep posting, so I can keep living vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiersten, I haven't even seen you in a year and a half and I miss you. Be careful down there --- Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I can finally post! Where are the updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiersten, let me just tell you..you have a great body! You're my inspiration to work out..I wanna look like you! Haha and by the way..heath's body is very nice too! haha

    ReplyDelete