Monday, January 14, 2013

The Green Smoothie

I am doing the ol "eat better" New Years resolution. I am still breast feeding so I'm not doing anything extreme but I decided to start making my sister Lucy's Green Smoothie. It consists of spinach (or kale), strawberries, blueberries, peaches, mangoes, bananas and chia seeds. The base is 1 cup water blended with a handful of spinach and then add any fruits you like to make it taste better. Even though it looks disgusting, it's actually quite tasty! In addition to drinking this smoothie every morning, I have completely cut out soda. This is a huge thing for me and so far I've been successful. If I can make it to February I will be pretty proud of myself!


Jax continues to grow and entertain me. Our new game is to look at ourselves in the mirror while I call him a silly boy. He cracks up laughing at this. Every morning is a surprise because I put him to sleep on his stomach at night but when I pick him up in the morning, he's on his back! Such a clever guy. I don't really know how he does it because I've never actually seen him do it. He never fails to make me smile and I really enjoy spending everyday with him, even if we are doing nothing.










I sure love my laughin boy!

5 comments:

  1. good job on your resolution! That baby is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks just like my smoothies! Glad you could find chia seeds. They are in short supply in the world right now. Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks like you're really loving motherhood! It's so special!
    Jax looks so grown up in that picture at the beach with that expression on his face. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy - I paid $10 for 250 grams...not sure if thats good or not but I don't use much in my smoothies.
    Kim- His laugh makes me melt! Everyday I'm trying to find way to make him laugh :)

    ReplyDelete