Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jaxy Boy

I really thought that once I was a stay at home mom that I would have all this time to blog...why to I feel like the day goes by so fast?? I think if I'm not feeding Jax, I'm trying to put him asleep, and then once he's asleep, I either have a shower, sleep or catch up on laundry (for a little baby, I feel like I'm doing laundry all the time!) But I am thoroughly enjoying being at home with my sweet boy. Although he hates naps during the day and rarely goes down for them, he is a great sleeper at night! Our favorite time together is in the morning because he's had a good night's sleep and just wants to wake up and smile at me. We also enjoy going to the shops together. In fact, I think he is better behaved outside of the house than at home! He loves sitting in his car seat and stroller - probably because he always falls asleep in them!

Here are a few photos from my iPhone from the last few weeks.




















































We had the pleasure of hosting my parents at our house for three weeks. Those were the fastest three weeks of my life! We took them to the Gold Coast, had surfing lessons, played mini golf and real golf, ate out, played Monopoly cards, passed around Jax (trying to get him to sleep) and just enjoyed each other's company. I didn't realize how much I miss my family until we dropped them off at the airport. I guess I just try not to think about my family and home so I don't miss them. Thanks Mom and Dad for a great time in Brisbane! For more photos see my mom's blog.


We put up our Christmas tree last Sunday (Heath added the American flag on the top). I love this time of year! I feel cheated though because we are not celebrating Thanksgiving this year...I usually organize dinner with our American friends but have been really slack and haven't done anything! And no one else has organized anything so we are just going out to dinner to an American restaurant that has hot dogs, root beer, ribs and wings. Even though we are not celebrating Thanksgiving traditionally, I still enjoying reflecting on all the blessings in my life - a loving husband, a healthy baby, the Gospel, family, friends, good health, jobs and technology to keep in touch with my family and friends across the world. We are truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post thank you for blogging! I love looking at jax's chiseled features, he is the cutest man baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete