Saturday, August 27, 2011

Forever and always

Yes, I've been "pinteresting"....and I've come across this quote. This was my favorite book to read with my mom growing up. For my 21st birthday, my mom shipped this book over to me for my birthday present. I don't think I've ever cried so much when I opened the package and saw that book!

I think I've become more sensitive to this book now that I am older and it has become more real to me that I have "grown up" and someday (not for a LONG time) will be taking care of my sweet mother, who spend sleepless nights rocking me back and forth and back and forth and back and forth...even up until I was 20 years old when I moved away from home.

Thank you for always being there for me when I need you, Mom, even when you are half way across the world!

And a special welcome to my new baby nephew Gavin, born on August 27th, 6 lbs 5 oz...you are so handsome!!


3 comments:

  1. Awww... Mum's are the best, what would we do without them?!
    I read that book to Pacey in your room last night while Matt was setting up the cot (hope you don't mind). It's such a beautiful book! Don't worry I cry all the time reading to Pacey, books like "butterfly kisses".
    Thanks for the delicious dinner, cards and singstar. You're quite the singer Kiersten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost as much as I cried when you gave me the wall hanging quote! And I hope you never have to take care of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's Kellan's favourite book too.. he ask me to read and sing it to him every night :-) he says mummy read/sing "wuv-u" (for i love you)..

    ReplyDelete